Some disempowering, anxiety producing, unhappiness producing beliefs we have bought or deduced for ourselves might be:
- I’m not good enough, smart enough, rich enough, pretty enough.
- I make others unhappy. Others make me unhappy.
- If I didn’t feel guilty, I’d do it again.
- If you loved me you would do what I want you to do.
- If I didn’t get upset, it would mean I don’t care
What do you suppose would happen if we changed some of our beliefs to more positive, more self-empowering beliefs? We would have more positive feelings and behaviors too.
Some of my favorite self-empowering, happiness producing beliefs are:
- Nothing is wrong with me.
- Happy people are more powerful than unhappy people in getting what they want.
- My unhappiness is a product of beliefs I hold and can change.
- I am loveable and more than enough
- I do not cause other people’s unhappiness, nor do they cause mine.
- I can be and do anything!
When we change our beliefs, we change our lives!